Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meredith's Birthday Pictures From October




Three balloons Stan & I released for Meredith





Twin #2 Angie, her boyfriend Charlie, his children, Hubby and me














Three candles, one for each day of her life








Twin #1 Amanda & her daughter Morgan








My niece Charmaine & her fiance, Mike








Our son Adam, his wife Sarah & children








Sweet gift from Bree, mother to an angel, Ella, and a ladybug, Miss Nora





The Princess Castle pinata







Angel fom my dear friend, Rita, mother to baby Krystal, in Heaven since 1972






Darling bear from Heather and her angel, Madelyn. Heather has since been blessed with a son, Liam













This tablecloth belonged to my mother, who would be 101 if she were still here












Roses for our One Perfect Rose. One day soon I want to post the story I wrote about her that has this title.
















I may have mentioned before that procrastination is one of my vices. I don't drink, I don't smoke, but I tend to put things off. My daughter took pictures of Meredith's birthday party on October 3rd of last year and she loaded them onto my computer a while back. So friends, I now share with you the photos from our baby's first ever Celebration of Life, even though I did a horrible job of loading them - totally out of order. These aren't all the pictures, just the highlights. We took our son & two daughters plus their families to Outback Steakhouse. I also invited my niece and her fiance. Then we went to our daughters ' house and had cake, a princess pinata for the children, and a balloon release. Stan & I released the three balloons in the sky that you see pictured - one for each day of her earthly life.


I took one of the vintage baby planters that I collect to the store where we ordered the cake as they had a nice floral shop, too. The sweet lady I spoke with didn't have a very good command of the English language and apparently misunderstood what I wanted. Therefore, the flowers are very short in the planter! It didn't really matter - I've learned there are a lots worse things to worry about. There was a special celestial sighting that night so my son set up the telescope. I can't remember what it was. We had a wonderful time, one of the highlights of my life. Angie said she had not seen me smile that much in a long time.




10 comments:

trennia said...

That is a beautiful, heart felt post!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo's.
Happy (sorry I'm so late) Birthday Meredith...(((HUGS))) to you,Sarita.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sarita, what a perfect party you had for Meredith's birthday. I love the petals on the table and her cake is so pretty. Thank you for sharing her party with me. ((HUGS))

Kristin said...

Everything looked beautiful! I'm glad you had a wonderful time and what a great celebration of her precious life :)

Dana said...

What a beautiful celebration of Meredith's life. I'm glad you had such a good day and had so many people participating.

Becky said...

it all looks just beautiful!

Lisette said...

So so beautiful!!!! You are an amazing mother.

Paige said...

beautiful!! so glad you finally got to celebrate Meredith with your family:)

Jen said...

Meredith's party was beautiful! xoxo!

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job!!!! Beautiful!

Crystal Theresa said...

what a beautiful birthday party for your sweet Meredith! (and don't worry, I'm a non-smoking procrastinator just like you!)

Post a Comment